pregnancy calendar

Aug 5, 2009

17 Weeks

AHH!! Time is flying by sooo quickly these days. I just know that the summer will be over in no time, then it will be fall (hooray!), then Thanksgiving, Christmas, and the baby will be here!! How is that possible already??

Life here in NH has been crazy busy, hectic, and wonderful. I'm officially going to be teaching Kindergarten (YAY!), and I can't wait for the school year to begin...although I'd love a few more months of summer before then. We did some haying over at Jesse's grandparents yesterday, which was exhausting and hot...and I was only driving the truck. =) Then there's unpacking, getting cars and animals registered, and planning for Laura's wedding. I can't believe the wedding is on Saturday! I think I had forgotten how many little things there were to plan for someone's big day.

Meanwhile Jesse and I are trying to find time to visit more people than is physically possible in the summer that we have left...we'd like to get out to see Sara/Megs, Rochester, and down to PA to see my parents before the end of August. We'd ALSO like to get up to Maine for 2 days to enjoy the lake before summer is over. AND I need to get out to W.Mass to see Margy and Kim again. Whew!

...blogging interruption... (I can do this b/c I'm pregnant) ...there's something on TV right now about Philly cheesesteaks and I want one SO BAD!!

Ok, back to the baby...here's what's happening during the 17th week!

-I think I felt the baby move!! There's been kind of a swishing feeling and a popcorn feeling that feels different that anything I've felt before. It's weird b/c after I feel it then I doubt myself as to whether it was real. My "old" midwife said it would be like this though, so I keep telling myself it's the baby =)

-Besides feeling kind of tired most days (and needing to visit the ladies room more often than normal), my unpleasant symptoms are gone! It's wonderful to be in the second trimester and feel like a pretty similar version of the human that I used to be before this science experiment in my tummy. =P There are some little things like sleeping discomfort, swelling feet, and a stuffy nose, but I can still act like a normal person with those. =)

-According to my reading the baby will be doing some major growing and changing over the next few weeks. This week, the baby is starting to get a little fat under its skin, its bones are hardening from cartilage, and it can hear! It's 5 inches long, and can move around in all sorts of ways, although I only feel it once and a while.

-We should be meeting with the "new" midwife soon, and then we can get working on an appointment for an ultrasound!! Can you tell I'm exicted? =)


Hope everyone out there is well...I miss you all! (well, except for the ones I see almost every day.) It's been great living in so many places b/c I know we've made lifelong friends everywhere we've been, but it's also hard not seeing those you love for such long periods of time...

Take care everyone!

1 comment:

Kelly Alberts said...

ash is here and we're reading your blog together! i just took ash and jonathan to get cheesesteaks yesterday and here you are blogging about them... :)