pregnancy calendar

Aug 14, 2009

18 Weeks

Wow! Since my last update we've successfully help pull off a wedding for my sister in law Laura, and Jesse and I visited some dear friends in NY. Here's Laura and my other sister in law, Melissa (I don't have any pictures of me in my camera! =)


The wedding was wonderful! I had a lot of fun and everyone that came seemed to really enjoy it. I hope Mark and Laura are enjoying their honeymoon in Tennessee!!



Our trip to New Paltz to see Sara Ann and Meghan was also wonderful! We did a lot of hiking and exploring, and also a lot of eating =) It's always so much fun to visit college friends...I love reminiscing and I usually forget how long it really has been since we've all been together at Roberts. Some highlights...

Me and Jesse...standing. ;-)


Meghan, with her usual eye-wear =)



Sara Ann and Jesse! (right before the park ranger advised us of how close we were to the waterfall)



...and here's me! I thought I'd use this as my 18 week belly shot...first time in a bathing suit all year. Jesse was squatting on the ground when he took it so I think it makes my hips look unfairly large =)



This week we met with our new midwife. It was a great visit and she gave me some tips on how I can stretch out so keep my ribs from getting as sore. She also told me that since I'm so short-waisted (a nice way of saying that I'm a midget, in my opinion) I'll be more congested than many other preggo people...which so far has been true! I probably sneeze about 12 times a day...

A-CHOOO! =)

Anyway, the baby is doing well, everything seems to be right on track size-wise, and I have definitely felt the little swimmer moving, jumping, and kicking around in there! It's fun to feel the little guy or girl and think about all the little muscles that are growing. =) Right now, if you're curious, it feels like a swishing fish in a bag or popcorn popping just below my belly button. Jesse can't feel it yet, but he should be able to in a few weeks!

We finally got our ultrasound appointment scheduled...it will be on the 27th. It seems like so much time to wait. I'm so excited to see the baby and find out the gender!!! arghhhhhh... =P

Jesse and I also started thinking about the things we'll need for the baby. We visited Babies-R-Us and picked out some things that we like. I seem to be leaning towards liking sage and brown colored things so I think that's the color scheme we'll be going with.

According to BabyCenter this week the baby...
-is 5.5 inches long!
-is about 7 oz.
-is moving all around!
-is developing myelin around its nerves



Can't believe school is starting soon! The kiddos come for an open house on the 26th and start on Sept. 1st. I'll be spending plenty of time at school over the next few weeks, getting my classroom ready and attending in-service time. And...my parents are coming for a quick visit next Tuesday! I can't wait to show them around the seacoast. =)

1 comment:

Laura said...

I am so excited for you guys to find out what your having and for you to see that little baby. I miss you lets do dinner here sometime this week!!!