pregnancy calendar

Nov 3, 2009

Please don't hate me...

Ok Friends...

For those of you who still think I'm not TOO much of a loser (you're still checking this blog after 2 months!), I offer the following excuses for why I haven't updated in so long...you can pick which ones you choose to believe. =)

1. My computer felt out the window.
2. I couldn't type because my growing belly was in the way.
3. I didn't have the internet for several months.
4. The new responsibilities of looming parenthood paralyzed me into blogging oblivion.

5. I got really really busy...and as time passed, I felt more and more guilty about not updating...until I finally semi-gave up.


Regardless of the reasons behind my absence, there's good news!! HERE IS AN UPDATE FOR YOU! Also...we have internet at the apartment now, so as I break my silence, I have a feeling I'll get back into the groove of blogging as my last 10 weeks of pregnancy slips by.


Yes, you read that right. Only 10 weeks to go!! I'm officially 30 weeks today, and it's hard to believe. There are so many emotions...excitement, fear, nervousness....mostly I just can't wait to have my own body back!! =)


As I grow bigger (and listen to people continually questions if there's only ONE baby in there...yes, I saw her on the ultrasound people!), things get more and more uncomfortable, but I've been finding that my pregnancy exercizes and stretches recommended by both our birth instructor and midwife have helped.

If you're keeping tabs, our baby girl (yes, another thing that happened since I updated, but if you're reading this, you probably already heard that we found out the gender) is about 15 inches long, weighs 2.5 pounds, and can see, hear, smell, taste, and feel. Her brain is developing and she'll spend most of the next 2 1/2 months growing more baby fat.


I'll update some more over the next few days...I promise!...about how our birthing classes are going, news on the name search, preparations and a new crib, etc...in the meantime enjoy some (old - you've seen these if you Facebook) pictures of me while I get ready for a friend's baby shower!
16 weeks
20 weeks with a pink ribbon!
baby girl hamlin =)
22 weeks
25 weeks
competing bellies!
27 weeks

and...30 WEEKS!!

2 comments:

missyme said...

It was nice to read the update... let me know if I can help with anything as stuff gets harder

rachellechaseblog said...

love the pictures!! can't wait to meet her!! xo