pregnancy calendar

Jun 12, 2009

HEARTBEAT!!! - 6/12/09

As you can probably guess from the title of this post...

WE GOT TO HEAR THE HEARTBEAT TODAY!!!


Near the end of the appointment our midwife told us that it was probably a little too early to hear the heartbeat...but Jesse said he wanted to try...and at first all we could hear was mine, but then (ba-dum-ba-dum-ba-dum-ba-dum)...we heard it! It was a truly amazing moment that I'll never forget. It was cool that it happened exactly one month after we first found out we were pregnant, too. =)


The rest of the appointment was great too. Our midwife was wonderful and she explained things really well. She said everything looked, sounded, and felt normal, which was a tremendous relief. I finally feel like I can let myself get truly excited about the baby! Now that we've heard the heartbeat, I know that the baby is probably healthy, and our chances for miscarriage are way way low. I'm so glad that we can start sharing the news with more people now, too! It's too exciting to keep to ourselves anymore, especially now that we know things are most likely going to be ok. =) =) =)


...I feel so much closer to the baby now, and things feel so much more real now...


HOORAY!!

No comments: